Friday 5 August 2011

Friday i'm in love... with that holiday feeling

I first came across We are Handsome on the guardian website, they were running a competition and I must have entered about 5 times! I’ve since seen a huge amount of coverage for the brand, being spotted on Florence Welch in Nylon magazine to Rihanna strolling down the beach. The Australian label started with one plan -  ‘to create spellbinding works of art’ – and I think they’ve achieved that completely. They look like oil paintings; or better still, body art. This rich reference to the heady days of the 60’s and 70’s comes from the design duo’s love for the beautiful things in life. The most recent collection speaks volumes for this ethos, with majestic hot air balloons and imposing wolves adorning the suits. I’m off to Marrakesh next month and can’t think of anything I’d rather pack in my suitcase.

My favourite picks of the Memoirs 2011 collection, I love the hot air balloon cossies especially..




And from the 2010 collection..



We are Handsome's blog is also worth a look for a lovely example of e-tailer blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment