Friday 19 August 2011

Friday i'm in love.

I need to move to Sweden. Between COS, Monki and now Patouf I am spending longer each day dreaming of the nation’s aesthetic. It’s rumoured that Monki is opening a concession in Selfridges this autumn, and I hope Patouf follows suit and sets up camp in the UK soon. This Friday I’m dedicating my ‘Friday I’m in Love’ post to the brands beautiful AW11 collection. It embodies everything I love about Swedish design - clean lines, accents of detail and quiet confidence. The collection is highly feminine but in an understated and almost masculine way, there is no need for brash colours or flashes of flesh here. The colour palette is rich and autumnal, nodding somewhat enthusiastically to the trend for berry tones this winter. The simplicity and wearability of the collection is a huge success, but its Angseryd's attention to detail that makes it so special in my mind. The 60's inspired boots for example really lift the collection, as do the hip pockets. Its no wonder Angseryd was awarded the title Rookie of the Year by the Swedish Fashion Council.




No comments:

Post a Comment