Tuesday 30 August 2011

Pretty much everything I could ever want.

Earlier this month Opening Ceremony unveiled the look book for their second collaboration with the Mulleavy sisters, Rodarte for Opening Ceremony AW11. Since then I have been trying with all my might to think of anything else, but with little success. For the cut, texture and colour palette, this has to be one of my favourite collections for Autumn. Shot by frequent Rodarte collaborator Autumn de Wilde, and 'inspired by the Nordic romance of Scandinavia' the collection is a beautiful mixture of understated Scandinavian femininity and Little House on the Prairie rigor.




The duck egg blue dress with Burgundy wedges (I assume they are wedges, its OC after all) has to be one of my favourite looks of the collection. Why 'slebs would wear D&G when they have access to this stuff is beyond me. Another beautiful use of this palette is in the image below, however this time with the added element of velvet and satin.



I cant decide which is more amazing, this floral jumpsuit or the Jil Sander trouser suit I was raving about last week.


1 comment:

  1. Me too, it's pure amazing, the designs, styling, art direction...!

    ReplyDelete